Smoke detector warning following restaurant fire

May 20, 2014 No Comments

72Firefighters were called to the Viceroy of India in West Molesey, near Esher, Surrey, in the early hours of the morning recently. However the restaurant was not fitted with smoke detectors and this prompted local fire fighters, who successfully contained the blaze, to encourage other restaurants not to make the same mistake.

Esher fire station crew manager, Matt Sparrow, said: “Had the fire taken hold the restaurant would have gone up. It was fortunate that someone was passing by who noticed the fire or it would have been far more difficult to stop. We cannot stress how important it is to have smoke detectors fitted.”

Recent Stories

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.